Explore the basic concepts of managing the flow of materials in a supply chain. Get a complete overview of material flow, from internal and external suppliers, to and from your organization, including:
- Manufacturing Requirements Planning
- Just-in-Time (JIT), Total Quality Management (TQM), Capacity Management, and Lean.
- Demand Planning
- Elements of the Supply Chain
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
Explore processes used to develop sales and operations plans and learn to identify and assess internal and external demand and forecasting
requirements. Focus on the importance of producing achievable master schedules that are consistent with business policies, objectives, and resource constraints, including:
- Demand Management
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Master Scheduling
- Measuring the Business Plan.
Focus on techniques for material/capacity scheduling. Learn detailed descriptions of material requirements planning (MRP),
capacity requirements planning (CRP), inventory mgmt practices, & procurement and supplier planning, including:
- Recognizing Techniques and Practices of Inventory Management
- Mechanics of the Detailed Material Planning Process
- Planning Operations to Support the Priority Plan
- Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply.
Focus on the areas of prioritizing and sequencing work, executing work plans and implementing controls, reporting activity results,
and providing feedback on performance. Learn techniques for scheduling and controlling production processes, execution of quality
initiatives and continuous improvement plans, and the control and handling of inventories, including:
- Prioritizing and Sequencing Work
- Executing Plans and Implementing Controls
- Authorizing and Reporting Activities for Push and Pull Systems
- Evaluating Performance and Providing Feedback.
Explore the relationship of existing and emerging processes and technologies to manufacturing strategy and supply chain-related functions.
Address three main topics: aligning resources with the strategic plan, configuring and integrating operating processes to support the strategic plan, and implementing change, including:
- Competitive Market Issues
- Choices Affecting Facilities, Supply Chain, Information Technology, and Organizational Design
- Configuring and Integrating Internal Processes
- Evaluating and Managing Projects.
APICS® is a registered trademark of APICS, The Association for Operations Management
*The PHOENIX Fast Track Education ProgramSM is not sponsored by nor is PHOENIX affiliated with APICS®.
This site ©2003 - 2008 PHOENIX Business Consulting, Inc. - All Rights Reserved